One always wishes for a forever new modular kitchen. But isn’t that easy to maintain one? All you need is regular and careful maintenance in order to keep one. So here are some guidelines for a forever new modular kitchen.
A few minutes of daily cleaning will not just keep the messiness out of the kitchen but also provides you a hygienic space to Cook in.
- Make sure that the sink is free of Garbage and food wastage: Always try to dispose of any sort of garbage or any food leftover like a banana peel, eggshells, coffee grounds, etc into the dustbin. These kinds of leftovers can cause blockages into your kitchen sink. Pour down some boiling water once a week can prevent such blockages.
- Wipe-out your Kitchen Sink: Wash the entire surface area of the sink with water and wipe out with a clean cloth. You should use Nylon scrubbing pads/ cloth on steel sinks to avoid scratches.
- Use Mild soap to rinse the sink: For routine cleaning, wash down the surface with gentle soap and warm water. This will help you in cleaning the sink as well as keep it sanitized and hygienic. You can also use Vinegar as an alternative disinfectant; however, it removes fewer bacteria than soap.
- Clean it thoroughly after you’re done with cooking: Wipe down any spillage and food bits as you’re done with cooking. This will prevent stains caused by spills from hardening. You can use a microfiber cloth or an old toothbrush for cleaning.
- Use hand gloves: Protect your hands from dirty grease and stains while scrubbing the Hob by putting rubber gloves.
- Clean Hob Rings: Clean the rings by soaking them in warm water with some soap liquid and then use a clean cloth to wipe out any sort of grease or any dirt.
- Wipe down with a disinfectant: Use a mixture of liquid soap with warm water. Soak your sponge or any piece of cloth. Slightly wring it out and wipe down the surface of the countertop to leave it looking shiny and clean.
- Wipe any spills or stains as you notice them: Use a clean cloth or paper towel as you see any stains or spills before it gets too hard. You can wipe the area with some water or cleaner for the remaining mess.
- Opt for the right cleaning pad: To minimize any damage like scratches uses a gentle piece of cloth or sponge. Also, look for the material the top is made of. Read out the manufacturer’s recommendation properly. Just don’t use scrub pads, as these pads can scratch your countertops.
Make it like a daily job: At the end of the day sweep the kitchen floor with a broom or mop for any liquid spillage. Just don’t flood with water as it can cause damage to kitchen and cabinet doors.
Also, don’t use any scouring sponge as they could be the main culprit for the scratches on your floor. Always use any microfiber cloth or nylon-bristled scrub. You can use water or some cleaner for hard stains.
You can use doormat at the entrance of the kitchen to prevent the dirt in the first place.
Cabinets are like the focal point of any kitchen, so they need some extra care. Fingerprints, food splatters, watermarks are clearly visible to anyone. So wipe them daily with a wet cloth. You can use the cleaner as well but make sure they are not strong.
- Keep them close: Always keep them closed while cooking so that they don’t get sticky from inside. You can use a toothbrush and cleaner to get rid of such stubborn dirt.
- Keep it clean: Make sure you wipe dry all the utensils and jars or something before keeping them into cabinets to keep the cabinets rust free and bacteria-free.
Also read: Modern kitchen lighting guide
Well, it totally depends on the frequency of your modular kitchen, Please check out these tips to keep your kitchen as good as new.
- Scrub first: Wash the tiles with soapy water with the help of cloth to get rid of sticky marks. If the surface of the tiles is not smooth you can use the rougher side of a non-scratch pan cleaner.
- Be gentle: Just don’t use any of the hard cleaners to avoid bleaching. Instead, you should you a specialist tile cleaner to avoid any damage to tiles and make them shine like new always.
- For coffee or juice stains on the tiles, use hydrogen peroxide and ammonia with water. You can also use a toothbrush for the dirt or stains between tiles.
Keep them clean: They smell!! So just to avoid that keep them clean. Don’t wait to get fill it all over. Always use a trash bag in every garbage can. It will not be just convenient but also keep the can surface clean.
Don’t keep them Wet: Always dry your garbage using an absorbent cloth, you can wipe it out with hot water and spray some disinfectant to make it bacteria
Outside: Just wipe out the outer surface area with a cloth dipped into a vinegar-water solution. Spray a little onto your cloth and wipe down every outside possible surface you can get to. You should wipe the back part as well as the cord too as they get dirty too.
Inside: For Inside surface, just microwave a bowl of water and lemons for a couple of minutes. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it with a gentle microfiber cloth to get rid of dirty stains.
Vacuum: Rugs acts as a door guard for any kitchen. Try to vacuum them very frequently for their long life and keep them away from any breeding of bacteria
Wash: For a clean rug you should wash the rugs once in a week with some disinfectant. Dry properly, use a brush for extra cleaning.
After so much care, there are some places which get unnoticed but they are as important as others.
Shiny taps: For a daily new-like look for taps, try a microfiber cloth and hot water or can use some all-surface cleaner for a shining look.
Extra Cleaning: You must have noticed some dirt over screw knob which is hard to clean with a cloth. You can use an old toothbrush with some cleaner to get rid of such firm dirt.
Home Cleaning: First, remove the filters from the chimney hood. Clean them with baking soda, salt, and vinegar solution. You can also use caustic soda for deep cleaning.
Vacuum: You can try cleaning it with a heavy-duty vacuum cleaner. After that wipe with a glass cleaner or any dish soap.
Note: Charcoal filters need to be replaced after every 5-6 months as they cannot be cleaned.
Exhaust fans & Vents
Hire a professional: As somethings are out of reach for us. For deep cleaning of exhaust fans or dehumidifiers, we should look for professionals to ensure the long life of our appliances.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.